Sunday, December 14, 2008

Meruborune Street Report: Japanese Street Report meets Fashion Hayley

Today's post is special Melbourne street report. As Fashion Hayley blogged, Hayley took me cool spots in Melbourne, and I was impressed by Melbourne street styles.
There were two types of styles especially caught my eyes.

One is colorful-look(1, 2, 3, 4: the numbered images are related styles for getting the ideas Melbourne Street Fashion seems not to provides permanent link for each pics).
I guess the "color" comes from vintage items. Some Japanese prefer to use Kawaii color(mixed vivid color) , but the one I found in Melbourne is different usage of colors. It was interesting.

Another is all-black-looks, so called Melbourne rock(1, 2, 3).
Melbourne rock styles impressed me when I went to a night club. Even if the club doesn't requires dress codes, most cool people wear black clothings and some jewelries to distinguish others. One women wears black clothing with full-body skull necklace.

Generally speaking, when I walk around town to check out street fashion, specific items caught my eyes are high wasted skirt(1)/denim(1), wide belt, color frame sunglass(1, 2), a variety of colored/patterned dresses.

Some similar looks I found on the street may be found at Fashionsnap.com and drop which are Japanese street style site providing FRUiTs-type street styles photos. But, I got a lot of inspirations from people haing original styles in Melbourne.

There are many chill cafe in Melbourne.

A guy on off-street

Off-street grafffiti

0 comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.777seo.com/seo.php?username=alprazolamist&format=ptp

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More